Tuesday, September 11, 2012

School savings

So I had to drop one of my classes because it doesn't count towards my degree. Boo hooooo I really liked it. It was the Introductions to Minorities. I am a minority so I thought how about I refresh and revitalize my thoughts on the subject. Well not happening. So I sent the instructor an email letting him know I was departing and I signed up for another class based on my advisors recommendation. So the new class asks for two books that one of them I read as a child. I actually felt the book was dumb but oh well I need it for school and I cant remember all the details of the book. So I have an issue. I paid for books already for the other class and they are coming to the bookstore for pickup. I have to cancel that order and get new books. But wait....... I'm a cheap (I mean frugal) bitch and my new class has books from 1976 and 1993. Im checking amazon.com. Yes I saw the books for like the range $5 to $15 but I still don't want to pay. Since I know these book titles are old and common. Let check the free resource. Yes bitches the library. So my library is a network of like 30 locations. They all share the same book/digital resources and all you do is put in your card number,request the title, and the book gets delivered to the location you wish. Soooo I did just that. I ordered one book on tape (I love audiobooks) and the other in paperback. Total cost = $FREE. I just need to find my tape player since they didn't put it on cd. Which is fine I don't care. And I can listen to the book and chill. I have a lot of little old gadgets from the old days just in case such a emergency comes up. I actually have Sony Walkman cd player. How prehistoric is that. I love that thing. I can listen to tv on it. I use it during blackouts when I need to hear the weather band. Its probably the last one on earth. LOL But yea so I saved cash on my class and I return one book and get my money back. So I can take that money and pay a bill. Not going to splurge no matter what. Now you learned something. Damn I'm so smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment