Monday, November 5, 2012

TV/DIRECTV/ ROKU BOX

Yea I pay $84 for cable. It is deducted from my checking account. Oh boy the food I can buy with that. I work and then there is nothing on tv when I get home sometimes. I sometimes need tv to sleep. That sometimes backfires when I dream about Ginzo or stupid Wen informercials. I actually am convinced by the time I wake up that I need a Ab machine and Shark steam Vac!!! I know im not well. LOL So yea I broke down and cancelled 2 of the boxes and then as soon as my DVR is watched with past shows I will cancel DIRECTV. I decided to buy the ROKU box. It cost $74 and offers free tv and movies wth the choice of doing the HULU channel or Netflix for $7.99 a month (Netflix has tier payments starting at $8.99) I have a ban on Netflix so I am not going to push for a while. Them fools ruined my experience overcharging and I wont stand for it!! SO yea the ROKU box streams the tv channels thru wireless internet. You can hook it up easily by AV plugs, HDMI or by USB Stick into a flat screen tv that accepts it. i have a Old box tv and have the dream of one day a flat screen LED tv. FUTURE DREAMS!!! LOL. Ok so check out their website. I got the one without the game cause who needs angry birds when its on the freaking android or iphone LOL. Here is the website

http://www.roku.com

So if I pay $84 in cable one month pays off the box. Yea now think about the people that are paying for serious sport channels or language channels.  I dont know but I think it says you can watch sports on here so Id look into it. Could be a sweet option. Us broke ass people need to improvise. I cant be with Pa carving wood LOL. Oh yea if you have a Wii there is the hulu channel and the Netflix channel so you can stream with the wii and then get a antennae. I was just about to get a box for the Living room and my son saved me by showing me that. Oh yea the boy wants to eat in the future. Hahaha. Ok so when I get it on Wednesday I will post how I feel about it. I am easy to please. This ROKU box is similar to appletv.
 Forgot to tell you. Make sure you return all boxes or you get charged and in my case I own the DVR. On Amazon.com  you can resell it and ship it to them for free and get a gift card which I use to get household things and food (if a good price or prime delivery). Win WIN
Anywho glad to share the knowledge. Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment