Monday, November 5, 2012

Sewing machine


I got some dough and I bought a sewing machine. I used to sew when I was younger. But mostly hand sewing. I have a sewing machine but its soo old it fell off the Mayflower. Its at my parents house and is attached to a table. when I get room I will bring it so I have a working space. But yea I bought a sewing machine. It is a


Brother 25-Stitch Free-Arm Sewing Machine, XL-2600i

Wooooo hooo
I think!! It was a pretty penny and I hope to make shit for days. I love clothes but never have money to buy. So something popped in my head.... poof. How about I make my own crap with my own fabric and my own cut to fit my body. My son already has requests. LOL So when I get catalogs I circle the clothes one day I will make and I save emails in folders and print up stuff. I plan to also get patterns as they go on sale because lord knows it will add up.  So I went to Walmart to buy the machine because they are part of Upromise and I will get 5% back in sales to a college fund. I wanted to do Amazon because it was the same price but free 2 day shipping but I wanted the cash back. Believe me I was miserable cause I had to wait for the package then go and get it. yes I am lazy but sometimes things get a little murky at  your Walmart. The other day while in line a lady threatened to kill or maim her friend if she didnt shut up.  THe lady apologized how mad she was going to get and how she admitted she would kill her friend. Yea I went home from that line early before the massacre was even a thought. I just think sticking around for that isnt worth dying for in a Walmart. SO off that tangent. Yes the machine was $88 and on sale. It makes buttons (I was told that is cool) and the automatic bobbin (also cool). 25 stitches well I dont know what Ill do with that but I upgraded. What the hey. So yea its portable and I signed up for sewing classes on meetup.com. ITS FREE classes and the girl is around my age and makes clothes for her daughter which I think is super awesome (including halloween costumes) . So whats so great about that. Well sewing classes is what was holding me up. I cant afford classes on my budget and then the classes are during the day when people WORK!! So that would mean I never would learn to sew. So my meetups are every other Sunday and Thurs evening. I am saving a ton of dough. And will make things around the house I so desired. Like hemming pants, curtains, duvet covers etc. I am a nerd but a good looking one dammit. I have been watching youtube videos like a fiend learning about my machine and working my way up the chain of stalker on their pages. I know its a problem. But yea so my first class is Nov 11th. Pray for me sistas. I really want to make this a hobby to possibly get away from TV (sorta)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment